Thursday, July 29, 2010

Week 16 (Just Kidding! - Really Week 14)

Well, I have officially hit the Week 16 mark as of today! As each week progresses, and sometimes each day, my belly seems to be growing although I barely gained any weight from a month ago when I was at the doctor (and yes, I have been eating enough!)

Speaking of the doctor, my appointment yesterday went fairly well. I got to hear the heartbeat which was so amazing it brought tears to my eyes! At our last appointment, we heard the heartbeat, but it was more like a little fluttering and it was only for a couple seconds. Yesterday, I got to hear it for a couple of minutes and I just loved it! :) After that, my appointment went downhill when I had to go to the lab for my quad screen test. Despite my comments that I always need butterfly needles used on me because of my tiny and hard to find veins, the lab tech thought he could handle me anyway with regular needles. Much to my pain, he proved himself wrong after several unsuccessful attempts that left my arm bruised and incredibly sore. Another lab tech finally had to come and she could only get blood out of my hand, which was also very painful. So, needless to say, I was ready to be done with those tests, and now I am ready for the results! The hardest thing about the quad test is that it doesn't tell you if your baby is healthy (as in a positive or negative test), but instead, they are going to call me and give me a number result. So, they will tell me that our baby has a 1 in 100 or a 1 in 1,000 (or some random number - you get the idea) chance of having Down's Syndrome and Spina Bifida. I am such a worrier, so I hope the odds come back being strongly against these problems!

Aside from that, I am feeling alright for the most part. The little one has been causing me to have massive heartburn, but it could be worse! I also purchased a Boppy Mom Pillow last night which has allowed me to already sleep better, so I am just hoping that I can continue to get some good sleep at night since I can barely make it through the day as it is now! :)

Talk to you soon and stay cool - I know I have been trying to in this crazy heat!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment