Thursday, October 14, 2010

Week 25!

Hello everyone,
I realize it has been awhile since I last wrote, and I apologize for that! Our schedule has just been crazy lately, and quite honestly, I have been so exhausted that as soon as I get done with work at 5:30 or 6:00, I head to the couch typically.

I guess that leads me into the biggest issue I currently am experiencing. I can't seem to get any sleep these days!! It is starting to take a pretty big toll on me at this point because it is really hard to make it through the day after only sleeping an average of 3 hours a night. Part of the problem is that my hips and body just hurt so bad that I can't get comfortable so I toss and turn. (Luckily, Mike is a very heavy sleeper so he doesn't wake up!) Another part of the problem is that once my mind is turned on and running, it doesn't want to stop and I can't slow it down easily! My doctor told me older generations would tell me that this is natures way of preparing me for what is to come, but I think that is just mean! From what people say, I need all the sleep I can get now! My doctor did tell me that if this continues, I should either start taking a small dose of Benadryl every now and then, or drink a small glass of wine at night. If this keeps up, I will be shortly resorting to her advice!

Mike and I also took a trip a couple of weekends ago to Chicago. We stayed in a super amazing room down on Michigan Avenue that had an awesome view. It was a wonderful three day weekend and we did so many things. I did end up getting sick on Saturday afternoon, which meant we ended up having to stay in the hotel for the rest of the night. Mike was sad about that, as was I, but my body just shut down - kind of like it my body's way of telling me that I had just pushed it too hard! We didn't do anything overly strenuous, but we did walk for miles and miles on Friday and then we got caught in the wind and rain on the top of a double decker bus on Saturday morning and that was enough for my body. Aside from that though, we had a wonderful time and it was just so nice to spend the time together going to museums, shopping, eating, seeing the sites, etc. We figured it will probably be our last getaway together with just us for a long, long time, and I am so happy that Mike's work didn't ruin it as we thought they were going to! (The Navy has a sneaky way of getting in the way of our personal lives on a fairly regular basis.)

Aside from that, Baby Millage is kicking!! He is moving all the time now, but not quite strong enough where it can always be felt on the outside yet. The first time Mike did get to feel our baby kick a few weeks ago though, it brought tears to my eyes because it was just so amazing and wonderful. I am now used to feeling his little kicks and movements every day now and I look forward to it as just a regular part of my routine! He really likes to be active after his mama's feeding time! It is just so crazy to me because the movement makes it a little more real, although I still can't believe for the most part that I have a living being in my belly!! Once he makes an appearance in a few months though, it will finally all sink in :) Oh and on another neat note with the movement, one night Baby Millage had not made any sort of movement for hours and then Mike laid his head on my belly and started talking to our little one and telling him that he is his daddy and so on, and our little guy kicked Mike right in the head!

Not too much other than that for now. I keep telling Mike we have to get more pictures up because my belly is really starting to grow now, although sometimes I still can't believe I am 25 weeks! I am in our friends' wedding this weekend though in Madison and I am hoping to get lots of good pics - you will def be able to see my belly in the beautiful dress! Mike and I are also very excited to get to reunite at the wedding with some of our San Diego friends who we have missed so much since moving back to Madison.

Take care,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment