Friday, August 27, 2010

Ouch!!!!!!

Hello,
I honestly couldn't think of any other title for this posting which better captures the essence of what my week has been like. Over the last days, I have been having some major aches and pains that don't seem to want to go away, and instead, want to keep me up most of the night each and every night!! According to my OB/GYN, the baby has started moving upward and my uterus now is sitting perfectly positioned on some nerve endings. That said, I have experienced some of the worst pain that I can ever remember having over the last days and I honestly can't imagine what I will do if this continues to last throughout the rest of my 22 weeks!

This whole experience is making me realize that I really didn't have a clue about what was all involved in pregnancy prior to actually getting pregnant. I only have a few close friends who have had children thus far, and thankfully, they have all been pretty honest about the experience and the pain involved. However, most of our conversations have centered around actual child birth, not the pregnancy itself, so I really had no idea what unpleasantries I was in for. Don't get me wrong - I would still do this again in an instant regardless of the pain, I just wish I would have known more of what to expect rather than frequently feeling like something is direly wrong with me and worrying about how the baby is going to be affected.

On a better note though, I received a shipment of Old Navy maternity clothes this week and that has aided in cheering me up! There just are not that many places that sell super cute maternity clothes, so I am very thankful for Old Navy's extensive line of clothes for us expanding women. (What I do wish, however, is that Old Navy actually sold their maternity clothes in stores in WI so I could actually try on clothes before I buy them!) I am loving the clothes I received though, especially because they are cute plus they actually make me feel pregnant instead of just feeling like I am carrying around extra pounds in my mid-section. Anything I can do these days to make me feel better is helpful too because my self-esteem has definitely declined over the last weeks sadly. (At least Michael Andrew always compliments me and that makes me feel better!)

Have a good weekend everyone...this is probably the one and only time I am going to say I can't wait for Monday morning to arrive (for our ultrasound appointment!!)

Oh, and a more recent picture of me is below. (Maddie also had to be in the picture!)
I know I am wearing black, which isn't the easiest color to tell how big I actually am, but we will get belly shots up hopefully in the next few days once we can manage to take some good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment