Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week 33 - The countdown has begun!

Good Morning! I can't believe that it has been so long since I posted on here, so it is definitely time for a new posting! I am currently at 33 weeks, and am getting more excited by the day for the little one's arrival. I truly love being pregnant, but I am really anxious to meet the little guy :) Mike and I also feel that we are about as ready as we can be at this point, so every day I now am thinking "he is going to come today?!"

Physically, I have started to feel that I am 33 weeks pregnant. Sleep continues to elude me, so I find myself exhausted every night by about 6 or 7. The little guy also keeps moving around all the time and kicking me in the ribs, the bladder, etc. I also find myself having pretty severe tummy pains in the middle of the night lately, which always make me wonder yet again when he is planning to arrive! Despite the physical uncomfortableness though, I wouldn't change this for the world! I think every pregnant woman probably goes through some of this and it comes with the territory...I am just thankful that I am lucky enough to get to go through this and bring our son into the world in a matter of only weeks :) :)

We do actually have our hospital tour tomorrow afternoon. St. Mary's requires that you participate in this tour if you are giving birth there so that we know exactly where to go when we get to the hospital with me in labor, we get to see the birthing rooms, we see the family suites, etc. I think it really is a good idea, and it will probably help to calm nerves the day we do show up at St. Mary's with me in labor since we will know where to go. St. Mary's new birthing unit was supposed to open sometime this month, so I am anxious to see if that is open and if I will get to enjoy the new facilities!

Other than that, I am seeing the doctor every two weeks now, but in a few weeks, I will start going weekly. I really like my OB doctor, but she is having surgery and will be out for four weeks coming up, so I am nervous she may not be around when I need her! Although I am not guaranteed that she will deliver if I have a normal delivery (it may be one of her partners who is on call), she would for sure be performing a C-section if I was to need one, so I hope she is back in time! Speaking of that, as of my last appointment, Baby Millage was still sitting in a breech position. I have a big appointment on January 3rd where they are going to potentially do an ultrasound to check his positioning again, but if he is still breech, then we will have to decide what to do. Although not what I would prefer (I still hope he moves in the meantime!), Mike and I feel that it may be too risky to have the doctor try to move him, so I would probably opt for a C-section. My OB explained the risks of trying to turn a breech baby, and I just don't think I want to chance the well being of the baby or myself. So, I guess we will see! At that appointment, my dilation status is also going to be checked, so we will know if I have started to dilate or not, and the doctor said based off of that, we should get a pretty good estimate of when Baby Millage is planning to arrive. Exciting!!!!

We do have our nursery together, and I have his closet completely organized by items, clothes size, etc. I am probably going to start washing all of his onesies, blankets, etc. this weekend so we are even more ready for his arrival :) Like I said earlier, I think we are pretty prepared at this point, so I am ready to meet the little man!


Below is actually a picture of the crib area of our nursery so you can get an idea of our theme:


Here is also a recent family picture of us where you can see my belly:



There should be some exciting developments in the coming weeks, so I will keep everyone updated!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment